Box Tops

Our school (like many others) collects box tops.  I knew that I wanted to help our school by collecting them, I also knew that I had two problems.

Problem #1:  I knew that I would lose track of them.  Things in our house seem to just disappear.

Problem #2:  We don't seem to buy a lot of things that have box tops.  I would need help collecting.

I made these boxes as a solution to both problems.  I keep one in the cupboard it gives me a place to store them after we cut them out.  It also serves as a reminder to Adam and I to look on the things we buy.    We also made one for Grandma and Grandpa.  They said they would help us, so we decided that we should make them a box too.



It was fun and easy to make these cute boxes.  We went to Hobby Lobby and picked up two of the Paper Mache boxes they sell.  Emilee wanted to decorate the one for Grandma so we let her pick the color of paint   and the stickers she wanted to use.  After painting we sealed it with a fun sealer with glitter in it.  Emilee did a really great job decorating Grandma box.  When I painted ours I used a stencil  I created with my Cricut.  It is great having a place to keep our box tops, we have collected more than I thought we would.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! You are so creative and thoughtful. I'd never even think about saving box tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so sweet! You could always start saving now if you wanted. You will have a child in school next year.

      Delete