The Dentist

For about a month I have had the feeling I should go to the Dentist.  I would ignore that feeling, and justify it with one or all of the following:  We need to find a new dentist, We don't have the money, I don't like the Dentist, and  the pain went away.  Two weeks ago the pain decided to stay, and to increase.  One night it was so bad that I did not sleep, I cried.  Adam being a caring husband called my parents to find out who their Dentist is (they like him) and made me an appointment.
I was scared.  I spent a good portion of my life going through orthodontics and even though I had good results, it made me hate the smell and sounds of the Dentist Office.  As I opened the door to the office I noticed something, or the lack of something...it didn't have the dentist smell.  That put me at ease, then everyone was so nice including the Dentist.  Even though he was nice he did not have good news.  I would need at least one root canal, a 98 percent chance for a second and a third tooth needed a filling.  I Promise I do take good care of my teeth.  I finished with the 2 root canals this week, and now know that  we have found our new Dentist.  I didn't feel a thing while he was working on my teeth, and I only felt slight discomfort for a few days after.  Adam has been great taking care of the house, Emilee and me.  I appreciate how patient Adam has been, especially when I was in major pain and scared.  I am also very happy not to be in pain anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment