Grandpa

Last night we had to say goodbye to  Grandpa Collins.  When you lose someone it's amazing the things that you feel, don't feel, and the things you think about.  I'm not one that cries a lot, I cried last night when I got the phone call.  I know that my Grandpa loves me, and he loves his whole family.

I will miss his sense of humor, and hearing him call me by my nickname. When I close my eyes I can see him in the kitchen for our birthdays sitting at the end of the table talking. His mind was amazing and always going, he loved fixing things, and was great at it.  Grandpa had an amazing green thumb, he made taking care of  plants look easy.  He would always bring us extra tomatoes from his garden.  He  always brought our dogs a treat when he came to visit.  The dogs knew when he was coming and would meet him at the door, just like little kids.  

I love my Grandpa Collins, and I am so thankful that I am blessed to have him as my Grandpa.  Even though he is no longer with us, I know that one day we will all be together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment