Mysterious Balloon


Do you see the Pink Happy Birthday Balloon in the picture?  We bought that balloon to celebrate Emilee's birthday, we bought it on Feb. 23.  In this picture it is tied down to a balloon weight, important thing to know is that it is fully afloat.  How long can normal latex balloons stay afloat?  The other balloons we bought at the same time and same place were on the floor the next day.  Skip ahead 5 WEEKS!


The balloon is barely losing air, I took this picture on March 30.  I was really excited to see how long this balloon would last, it has disappeared.  Dory (our cat) was playing with the string and carrying the balloon places, the last place I saw it was on our kitchen table.  My theory is Adam was cleaning and he had the door open, Dory kept going in and out.  I think she must have carried it outside and it was lost.    I am sad not to know how much longer the balloon would of stayed afloat, and I am amazed that it lasted for 5 weeks.

1 comment: