Recovery

This month had brought a lot of sadness for us.  My Grandpa died on the first Wednesday of the month.  I went through a lot of emotions and many tears.  The funeral was the following Tuesday, it was a great service.  It was nice to hear stories about Grandpa.  The music tugged at my heart strings and made the tears come.  After such an emotional week I was ready to relax, and  get back to normal.

Unfortunately that was not to happen.  The day after my Grandpa's funeral, which also happened to be a Wednesday, Adam received a phone call from his mother.  His sweet Grandma had passed away, just a week after my Grandpa.  So instead of things going back to normal, the tears returned.  The funeral was on Monday, it was also a wonderful service.  They had the great grandchildren sing I am a Child of God at the graveside service and release white balloons, it was cute and sweet.

We have made it through the past 2  weeks, and are now trying to return to a normal routine.  Even though the past 2 weeks stood still for us emotionally, everything else kept moving.  We will now have to find our new normal routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment