Hardest job on Earth

You always hear that being a mom is the hardest but most fulfilling job in the world. Having a 2 year old I have to agree. I often find myself watching other moms and thinking they are perfect, and that I am not. I wonder in amazement how they seemed to have missed out on the tantrums, the fighting, the joys of potty training, and not being reverent. I always think what I could I do better, and how do I raise a child. Then there are the times when I just need a break, but then Emilee does something that just melts my heart.
I love when she just climbs into your lap just because she wants to be there. When she wakes up in the morning asking for daddy, and then telling you he's at work. Then about an hour before daddy comes home she starts watching out the window, and shouts for joy when she sees him. Or how she runs and gives you a hug when she sees you, or just because she wants too. The way she looks to you to save her when she is scared, or sad. How she wants to show you the picture she colored in Nursery, because your opinion is the most important. One of the sweetest things is when she tells you "love you, mostest." Its all of the wonderful moments that makes me realize being a mom is the greatest job ever.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this blog! It's true, children can be so hard and yet they melt our hearts and mean everything to us.
    ps; I think you and Adam are doing a great job with Emilee.

    ReplyDelete