Easter


I can't believe Easter has come and gone. I hope everyone had a great Easter. As for our family it was a great weekend, we kept ourselves very busy. Saturday Morning we went to an Easter Egg hunt that was hosted by Rocky Mountain Mortage. We went with Adams family, his dad works for the company, so we all take our kids and enjoy. It's fun to watch everyone search for eggs and race for prizes. After that egg hunt was over we went to my familys house for the "Collins" easter egg hunt. Right now there's only 3 cousins, and only 2 that can enjoy the egg hunt. We keep hoping that one day there will be more children. Matthew and Emilee enjoyed looking for the eggs. Since they are the only 2 that can look they get more than enough. That night we dyed eggs with Emilee. It's the first time we have dyed eggs with her, last year she was too young, yet she knew exactly what to do. She enjoyed "throwing" the eggs in the dye. Luckily for us we had alot of towels down. Easter morning we woke up and got ready for church. When we were all ready we came down stairs to see what the Easter Bunny left us. Before we went to church we watched the Easter Message, its a great reminder of what this holiday is really about. We went had dinner with my family that evening. It was great fun, we did miss Russell and Amber they were with her parents. It was great to share Easter with my Grandpa and my Aunt Bonnie, they are visiting from North Carolina. After Dinner we went to visit with Adams family and enjoy a family night that Ryan and Kristiena prepared for us.


With all of the family activities that happen for holiday, its easy to forget why we celebrate. As we watched the Easter Message it was a great time for me to reflect and to find peace. I know that Jesus was sent here to help us. That he loves each one of us and he did die and bleed for us. I also know that he arose from the grave. I am Thankful that he was willing to give his life for me. That one day I may return to Heaven. I only hope that I may be a example of his love and show it unto others. I know that I have a long way to go, but I will keep trying. If you want to watch the Easter Message just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment