Snow!?!?!?!?!

It's April here in Utah, so the birds should be singing and the flowers should be blooming. Well unfortunately Utah is known for crazy weather. Early this morning as my husband was preparing to go to work he woke me up to ask me if he could take the car I usually use. Being half asleep, it's really early, I remember him saying something about 3 inches of snow. I tell him go ahead and take the car I want you to be safe. Then I fall back asleep. About an hour later I hear noises that sounds like someone scratching on our windows, I'm still so tired I barely register the noise and then fall back asleep. So 7:30 this morning I wake up look out our front window and see all the snow. Wasn't too surprised, I had been warned, also wasn't so happy about seeing the snow. I remind myself we live in a desert state and can use the moisture. Well I go to our back door and open the blinds and this is what I see.


This branch is right outside the door, it's suppose to be above our second story window.


I get past the first branch and turn the corner. All of a sudden I feel like I've stepped into a wonderland. I was surrounded by tree.


This is what the tree looks like from the front. The lower branches are usually closer to the top of the pine tree. I honestly enjoyed what I found this morning, there was something calming about the whole thing. I was even crazy enough, that as soon as I saw the first branch, I slipped on my sandals and went into the snow to take pictures. It's Utah and I knew that this moment wouldn't even last a few minutes. The sun was coming, and the moment was going to slip away. I added the last picture because I like it. I found something funny in the fact all the branches were in the garbage can. I hope everyone found something to enjoy this magical morning.


1 comment: