I hate being Sick

I should of realized I was going to get sick, way before I did.  Everything was pointing towards a cold.  First I decided we should get flu shots, to protect ourselves. Then Emilee got a runny nose, and I have a lot to get done this weekend.  Last but most important a major holiday was just around the corner.  As far back as  I can remember I am somehow sick either on Christmas or Thanksgiving.  Sometimes it's horrible (laying on the couch, not eating horrible) or just small ( just annoying to be sick).  Tuesday night I went to bed not feeling right, wake up Wednesday not being able to breath.  Hopefully it doesn't last very long, only a couple of days.  Emilee and Adam have been great through this.  Emilee was so kind to me yesterday, always asking if I was okay and getting me things.  Adam came home early to take care of me and the house.  Thanks to him coming home I was able to sleep as soon as he came home for a couple of hours.  He took care of Emilee and dinner, after dinner I went to bed early.  He is so sweet and thoughtful, he is helping in every way he can.  Thank you Adam and Emilee for taking care of me.

I have to say that even though Emilee and Adam have made being sick easier, it's still much better to be sick as a  kid instead of as a grownup.  As a kid you have a mom who makes sure you take the right medicine and brings you food.  You can stay in bed all day and not worry about anything, and it doesn't matter if the medicine you takes knocks you out for hours.  As a grownup I won't take medicine if I'm home alone with Emilee, because I will sleep forever, no matter the medicine.  Even though I don't have to do anything, Adam won't let me.  I still worry about all the things that need to be done.  Thank you to Mom who made being sick as a kid, easy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that you are sick. I hope you get well quickly. We missed you at the baby shower.
    Take care,
    Mom Y.

    ReplyDelete