Christmas Trees....sorta of

Yesterday was a messy, glittery, sticky, and fun day at our house.  It started by Emilee and I painting.  Emilee needed to finish painting her ornament, and I wanted to paint a canvas.  I saw the idea for a Christmas Tree made with hand prints at My Garden of Eden and new I wanted to make one.  I loved the idea, yet knew that I wanted to make it a little different.  Here's what my thought process came up with, I'm not sure if I'm going to add a star at the top.

Made with Emilee cute little hand
Kayloni gave us a cute idea for an activity, Star Trees.  What's a star tree?  It's a Christmas Tree made with Fruity Pebbles treats cut into star shapes.  I was so prepared I had everything......except different sizes of a star cookie cutter.  So I improvised with what I had, snowmen.  Our tree might not look like a tree, but it was a lot of fun making a Snowman Tree.

Building the tree

Our Tree

Snowmen treats
We also made a small gift for Miss Janae.  I saw the idea for Reindeer noses here, and decided that was what we were going to make.  I decided not to use the cute labels she provided, I didn't want to use our ink.  So I decided to use a reindeer stamp that I had.  I also made my label a little bigger, oh well.   I still think it turned out cute.



 All of us might be covered in glitter until the New Year, but we really did have a fun day.




2 comments: